STATE OF THE ART: WATER
- optimal mineral content / hardness
- pH of 8.5 to support an alkaline diet
- high negative ORP as antioxidant
- vortex / Schauberger treatment
- rocks / crystals
- conscious / sustainable
- FREE delivery by bike or electric car
WATER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FOOD!
55-80% of our body mass is water,[w1] our brain consists of 75% water[w2] and an incredible 99% of our molecules are water![v1] Water is the foundation of all biochemical processes and its quality determines how well our body is able to transport nutrients and oxygen into our cells, detox, lubricate joints etc.[w3][w6] Longterm dehydration may result in a wide array of cronic illnesses[b1] and drinking 2-3 liters of good quality water every day is a main determinant of our health, wellbeing and cognitive functions.[w5][v3] (read more)
Barbara O'Neil made a great video on the importance of water and salt for our body: [v3]
You find it in the resources below.
- Drink 1 L per 25 kg body weight every day. More when you are active. Fruit juice, soda, caffeine/theine, alcohol doesn't count ...
- 0.5 L after waking up helps your body to start the day
- 0.5 L half an hour before eating (the body needs it to produce stomach acid)
- No (or little) drinking during meals (to not dilute stomach acid)
- Mind your minerals! Through a) the minerals in your drinking water and b) 2-5 g natural salt (with dozens of minerals and trace elements) throughout the day. Otherwise the water will not end up in your cells.
- One glass before you go to bed improves your sleep
- Keep track of how much you really drink. With age our feeling of thirst and our water levels diminish.
- Chronic dehydration really puts a lot of stress on the body. It can be attributed to almost all major diseases.[b1][b8]
Given the importance of water and its complexity it is remarkable how little we pay attention to the quality of what we drink, and to how it affects us and the environment. Both, tap water and bottled water, are far from optimum in regards to health and/or eco-footprint. (read more)
WHAT ABOUT ...
... BOTTLED WATER?
- Bottled water is less regulated than tap water.[w6][w7] "Stiftung Warentest" approves only 6 out of 30 tested 'Medium Mineral Waters' without restriction[w8][w12]
- It is often months old.
- Trucking bottles cross country or even across continents is ecologically inconsiderate.
- Plastic bottles are horrible. An estimated 70% of them are not recycled[w9] and they may release toxins into the water.[w10]
The quality of our tap water is a huge cultural achievement. It is regulated by law and monitored by the authorities to make sure that you will not get sick from it.[w6] Still, it is not optimal and can be improved in many ways. We would like to add a 'second line of defence.'
- 41 values are regulated and continuously tested[w6] - compared to 50 Million unique, registered chemicals[w11]
- hormones, medicines, nitrates, heavy metals, pesticides and viruses - the critical values are subject to heated debate. How much is unhealthy? What does unhealthy mean?
- asbestos cement (until 1993), lead (until 1973) and copper (still in use) - our water pipes are often made of suboptimal materials[b2]
- Unforeseen events can have an impact on drinking water quality[w13]
- The water is pressurized in the pipes to 4bar, which affects its structure[b2]
... DIY FILTER SYSTEMS?
- There is not a single filter that could address all issues without drastically changing the nature of the water
- Filtering is complex, depends on the source water and requires a multi stage technology, especially when incorporating different approaches
- If not maintained properly, filters may quickly contaminate and loose efficiency
- A soa:water multistage system at home would cost ~ 5.000 € to purchase, ~400 € yearly maintenance and requires constant monitoring
This is something we would like to change.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR WATER:
Every week we freshly produce your drinking water and deliver it to your home. We closely follow scientific progress, incorporate it in our filter/enhancing technology and go out of our way to make your drinking water as healthy as possible. We constantly monitor its quality and also apply so called 'non-scientific' research (which only means that science can't explain it yet...) if it shows to be beneficial.
WE CARE ABOUT THE PLANET:
In all aspects of production and transportation we try to minimise our ecological footprint. We produce locally, using the eco-friendliest raw material possible: groundwater from our local water supplier, which we filter and enhance. We use reusable glass bottles and carbon neutral wood cases, which are delivered to your home by electric car or heavy duty bicycle.
Although water is an important lifestyle choice, we don't want to be a lifestyle brand.
We just want to be smart about water and treat it with care.
Every week we freshly produce SOA:WATER and send it to your home
We produce locally and use the most ecologically reasonable raw material: ground water delivered by our local water supplier
We regularly analyze all parameters that are evidently relevant to our health (including a few that so far are not monitored)
We remove as many potentially harmful substances without changing the water into an overly 'unnatural' state. In order to do so we employ best practice technologies in our multi stage filter system
Water should contain the right amount of minerals and trace elements as building blocks and to transport the water into the cells. (read more)x
Since the 1950s many studies have been published on the relationship between soluble minerals, trace elements in drinking water and disease rates. With the extensive data which has been collected all over the world, it is now possible to define a range for 'hardness' and 'total dissolved solids' (TDS), which is apparently most beneficial for our health.[b8]
In other words: SOA:WATER is stacked with the optimal building blocks for your body.
SOA:WATER has a slightly elevated PH of 8,5 in order to support an alkaline diet. (read more)x
Most of our biological processes work much better in an alkaline as opposed to acidic environment. With a pH of 7.35-7.45 our blood is slightly alkaline and our body goes to great lengths to keep it in that range. Unfortunately many aspects of our modern lifestyle increase acidity (processed foods, foods rich in fat and carbohydrates, sodas, stress, alcohol, smoking, environmental toxins, etc.), which in the long run increases the risk for a wide array of illnesses.[v2]
A diet rich in 'alkaline' foods supports the body in maintaining it's optimal pH.[b3]
SOA:WATER has a higher negative ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential) than tap water, which makes it an antioxidant. So it's good at fighting free radicals. (read more)x
Anti-Oxidants are molecules that help neutralize 'free radicals', aggressive (reactive) substances in want of an electron. By donating their extra electron, anti-oxidants reduce 'oxidative stress', the damage done by free radicals, which attributes to a process otherwise known as aging and may result in cancer.[w14] SOA:WATER has a higher ORP than normal water (~-100mV), which means that it carries more electron-donating molecules and therefore serves better as an antioxidant.[b3] Various clinical studies have shown that high ORP water really is effective in that way.[w15][w16][w17][w18]
THE 'UNSCIENTIFIC' APPROACH
We deploy technologies that can't be explained fully by today's science, but nevertheless make sense and apparently work. (read more)x
It is becoming clear that water is hardly understood. Dr. Emoto's astounding work (whether considered scientific or artistic) illustrates the amazing ability of water to form bigger, complex structures and how water is influenced by its surrounding.[b4] It is now known that water can receive, store and deliver 'information' from the environment, not only through particles and rays, but also through what the spiritual realm refers to as "Energy". Amazing results have been reported with specific salts[b5] and technology based on the works of Victor Schauberger[b6][b7].
We deliver SOA:WATER once a week to your home (and into your kitchen if you like). Of course we use bicycles. And electric heavy duty bikes that can transport 250kg.
Read up on water, it's really interesting! The following links may help you to get started.
[w1] The US Geological Survey's Water Science School
All the basiscs.
[w2] Mercola - How to keep your brain healthy
A lot of great information on preventive medicine
[w3] PubMed - Water, hydration and health
"... the current knowledge of water intake as it pertains to human health ..."
[w4] For dummies - Why Your Body Needs Water
Exec. summary on hydration.
[w5] PubMed - The Hydration Equation: Update on Water Balance and Cognitive Performance
Practical measures of hydration status and impact on cognitive performance.
- [w6] Bundesministerium für Gesundheit - Trinkwasserverordnung, TrinkwV 2001
- [w7] Bundesministerium für Gesundheit - Mineral- und Tafelwasser-Verordnung
[w8] Stiftung Watentest - Natürliches Mineralwasser: 73 Mineralwässer im Test
" ... 30 Mediumwässer, nur 6 davon sind uneingeschränkt zu empfehlen."
[w9] US Environmental Protection Agency - Wastes - Resource Conservation - Common Wastes & Materials
" ... 28 percent of HDPE bottles and 31 percent of PET bottles and jars were recycled."
[w10] PubMed - Bisphenol A and human health: a review of the literature
" ... There is growing evidence that bisphenol A (BPA) may adversely affect humans. BPA is an endocrine disruptor that has been shown to be harmful in laboratory animal studies."
[w11] WIRED - Humans Have Made, Found or Used Over 50 Million Unique Chemicals
" ... that’s how many unique chemicals are now registered in a database maintained by the American Chemical Society ..."
[w12] Süddeutsche - Jedes dritte Mineralwasser ist verunreinigt
Summary of the 2014 test of mineral waters by Stiftung Warentest.
[w13] Perfektes Wasser - Trinkwasser Nachrichten
An extensive 2013/14 collection of drinking water related news in Germany. We are not affiliated with "perfektes Wasser", but find their vast collection of reported events noteworthy.
[w14] Wikipedia - Free-radical theory of aging
A short overview of the effects of 'free radicals'.
[w15] PubMed - Electrolyzed-reduced water protects against oxidative damage to DNA, RNA, and protein.
A 2006 study on the effectiveness of high ORP water as an antioxidant.
[w16] PubMed - Electrolyzed Reduced Water Supplemented with Platinum Nanoparticles Suppresses Promotion of Two-stage Cell Transformation.
A 2005 study showing evidence of reduced cancer cell growth through high ORP water.
[w17] PubMed - Inhibitory effect of electrolyzed reduced water on tumor angiogenesis.
A 2008 study showing evidence that water with a high ORP prevents the growth of tumors.
[w18] PubMed - Enhanced induction of mitochondrial damage and apoptosis in human leukemia HL-60 cells due to electrolyzed-reduced water and glutathione.
A 2009 study showing evidence that water with a high ORP effectively fights leukemia cells.
[v1] TED - The Fourth Phase of Water
Dr. Pollack explores the borders: EZ-Water and free energy. "Water is a repository of energy."
- [v2] TED - Alkaline ~ Acid pH Balanced Diet Explained
[v3] Misty Mountain Health Retreat - The Importance of Water and Salt
Barara O'Neil "is passionate about good health and natural healing. She believes in giving the body optimum conditions ... "
- [b1: Your Body's many cries for water, F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.
- [b2] Das Wasser-Praxisbuch, Dieter Schmitt
[b3] The Fantastic Voyage, Ray Kurzweil
A must-read about the human body. Ray Kurzweil is a 1970 MIT graduate who currently works as director of engineering at google. He received America's highest honor in technology, the 'National Medal of Technology and Innovation' and holds twenty honorary doctorates.
[b4] Messages from Water and the Universe, Masaru Emoto
15 years of study show there is more to water than meets the eye.
- [b5] Dr. Schuessler's Biochemistry, J. B. Chapman
- [b6] A Life of Learning from Nature, Victor Schauberger
- [b7] The Water Wizard: The Extraordinary Properties of Natural Water, Victor Schauberger
- [b8] Healthy Water, Martin Fox